Last weekend the boyfriend took me to DC and Annapolis for a weekend getaway!
I’ll share our vacation in another post, but I wanted to provide some packing tips for a small trip!
- Pack light! I know this is obvious, but it can be really difficult to only bring what you really need. One way I avoid over packing is by packing outfits that I know I will wear, rather than individual pieces.
- Dresses are your best friend. They are easy to fold into a small suitcase and are a whole outfit in one piece!
- Pick your three favorite shoes and wear one. Shoes are my downfall because I always want a variety of shoes for all the places I might be going. I will admit I brought way too many shoes for this trip, but I wore my Kate Spade Keds, and brought my Jack Rogers, and two (yikes) pairs of wedges. I have no self control.
- Limit the accessories. Bring your favorite necklace and a couple pairs of earrings, and leave the chunky stuff at home. It will save you space and make your suitcase that much lighter.
- My favorite thing in this suitcase is the Wear Me/Wash Me bag that I got as a gift with purchase from Lilly Pulitzer. It is perfect for hiding away intimates and bathing suits!
What are your favorite packing tips?