This summery recipe from Better Homes and Gardens was really simple to make!
Ingredients: 15 Oreos, crushed; 3 Tbsp melted butter, cooled; 3 cartons of your favorite ice cream, softened; popsicle sticks or spoons; 9×9 baking pan
- Line the pan with wax paper (or if you’re lazy like me, buy a disposable pan that doesn’t need to be greased)
- Crush the cookies! The best way is to put them in a plastic baggie and roll them over with a rolling pin. Stir together the cookie crumbs and butter, then line the tin with the mixture. Freeze this for ten minutes.
- Spread an even layer of your first ice cream over the tin. BHG had specific measurements but they confused me so I just made it up as I went! Freeze for 15 minutes. Repeat for the second layer.
- After adding in the final ice cream layer, place your popsicle sticks and spoons evenly throughout the tin. Freeze for about 2 hours, though mine looked much better after freezing over night.
- cut between the sticks into bars and enjoy!